Re: Metacity hangs for several minutes when starting

Havoc Pennington wrote:

I would suggest stracing the startup. Easiest thing is to create a
~/.Xclients file containing something like:
[...]

Then look at /tmp/startup-trace or make it available for other people
to look at.
Thanks for your fast answer; since /tmp/startup-trace is around 1,3 MB I can't post it on the list, but if anybody is willing to have a look at it I'll compress and e-mail it.

Analyzing the output is out of my scope, but basically there are lots of errors like 'Bad file descriptor', the loading of several files like /usr/share/locale... is 'unfinished' and acessing several other files results in 'No such file or directory'; I didn't check every file which is reported missing, but most of them seem to be at the right places.

Greetings, -asb