Re: RedHat Book Recommendation

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 08:55, Mark Hoover wrote:
> Greetings everyone.....
>
> Another person in my office just installed RH8.0 on a spare desktop
> that she has as her desk in the hopes of learning linux.  I've been able
> to show her a few things here and there, but it's hardly an all encompasing
> tutorial on using Linux.
>
> I'm hoping that there's somebody out there in this group that could give me
> some good recommendations on some books that might help her out.  I'd ideally
> like to find something that will help her (an absolute beginning to Linux) learn how
> to use linux effectively as well as something that could be used as a reference
> manual afterwards.

The best all-in-one book I've read is the Rute User's Tutorial and
Exposition.  It is not Red Hat specific which I think is a plus:

http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html.gz

The entire book is available as PDF and HTML, but you should buy one to
support this author.  I did.

Best Regards,
Keith
--