making hard-drive snooze

With my Fujitsu hard-drive I'm using the following commands to try get
some powersaving configured for the harddrive.. (Disabled in BIOS).

hdparm -S 1 /dev/hda

The problem is as soon as the drive has spun down it will immediately
spin back up. This is without intending to hit the disk, so I'm assuming
something at a lower level is causing a disk write/rewrite.

Any pointers on where to look to find/fix the cause of this

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk