Re: again I ask: WHY does printing in RH Psyche have to be such aPITA??

Elton Woo wrote:

display item from Radio Shack!!! <*grrrr*> ....).
So take it back? Send it to Lexmark for repair? It should be under warranty, every display item I've bought at Radio Shack was considered new, and priced the same as new. price watch lists them ~$90 total.
I don't understand how Lexmark calculates the warranty period. IMHO,
one would think that it is counted from the _date of purchase_. But NOOOO!
Instead, I checked via the web, and the guarantee period does NOT match
What date does it list them?

from the date when I purchased it. In addition, since it was the last one
in the store (the display model), Radio Shack refused to gave me a cut on
the price claiming that Lexmark controls the prices, so I shelled out CAD
$199 (plus Fed. and Provincial sales taxes).
Radio Shack alway charges full price for the display items. But they are sold as new, with full warranties, at least in the US.
Radio Shack should repair/replace it under warranty, based on the date of sale. Lexmark should also go on the date of sale.

The Registration page asks for the date of purchase. Did you register after purchase? Either online or with the mail in card?
If it has not been registered, they probably use the date of manufacture until it it is registered. If you've had it long, you may need proof of the date, like the register recipt for Radio Shack.

www.pricewatch.com Lexmark Z53 printers <http://castle.pricewatch.com/search/searchmc.idq?qc=%22Z53%22*+AND+%40totalcost%3E0+AND+%40ctd+11+AND+%40mnd+739&mi=739&m=Lexmark&i=11&ct=Computer&c=Printers&ne=8413&l=8367> list them for 90 USD now. See the link. Not sure what the exchange rate is now :(
But 200 CAD seams high. Lexmark <http://www.lexmark.com/US/products/overview/0,1224,MTg0NHwx,00.html> list was 99 USD, but it's no longer sold. Discontinued the end of October. It's still sold on the Canada <http://www.lexmark.com/Canada/printers/inkjet/Z53/> site, for 160 CAD.

-Thomas