Re: NVidia's Newest Drivers (build 4191)

On 14 Dec 2002, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

> I know it's not directly related to this list, but I was wondering if
> anyone has been able to get the latest drivers from NVidia (build 4191)
> to work with kernel 2.4.18-8.0. I have tried both the pre-compiled
> redhat 8.0 version and building it from the source RPM file. No dice.
> The kernel fails to load saying there are conflicts with symbols
> somewhere.
>
> Meanwhile, the previous version (build 3123) continues to work just
> fine.
>
> This is obviously NVidia's problem, but I thought I would see if anyone
> here had found a solution.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris Williams

I couldn't get the precompiled rpm to work but I was able to build it
without problems.  However, it seems slower to me thatn the 3123 version.
I don't have anything to base this on except that it just seems slower??

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer