re: "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" response, was: UOD & ENCMigration

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 13:40, Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 20:47, Stephen Liu wrote:
> see
> <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>
I like this part:

"We realize that there are many people who just want to use the software
we write, and have no interest in learning technical details. For most
people, a computer is merely a tool, a means to an end; they have more
important things to do and lives to live. We acknowledge that, and don't
expect everyone to take an interest in the technical matters that
fascinate us."

especially the last sentance (IMHO!) but try explaining that to someone
who doesn't understand why you spend so much time on a computer...
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
Machines that have broken down will work perfectly when the repairman arrives.