Re: Why you should not buy Promise products if you use Linux

Well, technically the Promise FastTrak is nothing more than a
standard IDE controller, with software RAID built into the BIOS.
It is not a hardware RAID card.
<<

I probably should have asked the question here first.

My misunderstanding stems from the fact that I thought the IDE RAID
card was indeed a TRUE hardware RAID. Now that I know it is nothing but
software, I will use the RedHat based software RAID and rebuild my
server.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here used the Adaptec 2400A? Is this also
a "software" RAID card?

Thanks for your responses!

-Justin