RedHat 8 Group File Problems

I've just upgraded one of my servers from Redhat 7.1 to 8
and am having a problem with /etc/group.

We have a group which has 133 members - this has never
caused a problem before, but now "ls" seems unable to
display the group name, it only displays the number.  It
does the same for any group file entries after the "long"
one.

If I cut out about a half of the group members it all works
fine and "ls" display group names correctly.  It's not any
specific group member causing the fault as it works whichever
half I cut out!

Everything seems to be working fine, it's just the name
lookup seems to fail.

Any suggestions/thoughts gratefully received.

Simon Lascelles.
Eurotherm