Re: Rolling my own 2.4.19 kernel with raid1

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> The shipped kernels can boot from a raid1 root but I can not make my own
> kernel do this.

> Choosen to have ext3 and raid1 as modules and all IDE devices and MD part
> builtin just like the regular shipped kernels.
>
> I could not say any difference in the shipped initrd image and my own as
> far as I could tell. (ungzipped them and mounted them both on a loopback
> device.)

The script in fact reads:

!/bin/nash
echo "Loading raid1 module"
insmod /lib/raid1.o
echo "Loading jbd module"
insmod /lib/jbd.o
echo "Loading ext3 module"
insmod /lib/ext3.o
echo Mounting /proc filesystem
mount -t proc /proc /proc
raidautorun /dev/md0
echo Creating block devices
mkdevices /dev
echo Creating root device
mkrootdev /dev/root
echo 0x0100 > /proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev
echo Mounting root filesystem
mount -o defaults --ro -t ext3 /dev/root /sysroot
pivot_root /sysroot /sysroot/initrd
umount /initrd/proc

Hugo.

    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/