error: no acceptable cc in $PATH (plus other errors) Help!

Hello,

Ok First I am very new to the Linux world I just downloaded and installed Red Hat 8.0 last week. And have had difficulty configuring the entire system.

I've had trouble with my printer. And after Checking the HPIJS version I figured I needed an update to that driver.

I downloaded to a convenient directory extracted and tried to run ./configure
what followed was a list of errors.
these are the errors

./configure
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

I have run into these errors with every program or driver etc. When I have to compile to install. Whilst looking for a solution I found a site that said to try running: CC="cc_name" ./configure
this is the output of that.

CC="cc_name" ./configure
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... cc_name
checking whether the C compiler (cc_name ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

These have happened in every downloaded program I have tried to install
and I have also tried these commands as root with the same results.

What do I need to do? Do I need to download GCC or do I need to start first with installing a new autoconf etc. If so how do I do that?

PLease help this is very frustrating.