Gimp not saving print settings

Hi,

I have finally got round to setting up my printer and tried some
printing in gimp, which for some reason doesn't list any available
drivers for my printer:

Cannon BJC-4200

I can print out of gimp (the quality is pretty awful, ok rubbish, but It
should improve with tweaking, hopefully)

The main problem I have is that it fails to save any of the print
settings I selected.

A web search reveled nothing useful, has anyone had this problem or can
offer any advise.

cheers again

Mark
--
Eagles may soar..
But weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...