Re: Calling all KDE fans!!

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 11:09, Dan Clowater wrote:
> I hear that - and this is off topic from the thread - but I really don't
> see the benefit of kde 3.x over gnome2.x??? I like that how you can
> configure the gnome desktop a lot more than KDE.  Mind you before gnome
> 2.x came along I was a big kde fan.  I find kde to be more cluttered and
> applications seemed to crash more frequently.
>
> Just my $0.02
> =)

Oh, I was exactly opposite.  I was a big Gnome fan until I started using
KDE 3 a few months ago.  I've never had any big problem with KDE apps
crashing on my system though, and I'm not sure what you mean by
cluttered desktop.  My desktop and the menu system are uncluttered in my
opinion.  But then I switched from Redhat to Mandrake a couple months
ago because of what Redhat did to KDE in 8.0.

Anthony