Re: Is my linux disk dead????

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 03:04:09AM -0500, JBRENNANSARDOU@aol.com wrote:

> Well, hello everybody,
>
> (pardons please, this is the second post on the same subject,  I forgot to
> put the suject)
>
> sorry to disturb you but I have got a problem which is causing me a great
> deal of concern. I had Redhat 8 on my second disk and it worked fine with the
> boot in the MBR of the first vat disk (sorry about that but my stupid
> internet connection does not allow linux connections : this is the only
> reason for the moment for keeping windus) Anyway my computer crashed and I
> decided to re-install RH8 on the second disk but the RH8 installation refuses
> to format the partitions it has made. It stops dead. Unfortunately Mandrake 9
> does the same thing. However windus formats it and it seems to be working
> correctly. I really don't understand and I am afraid that my disk might just
> be Linux dead which would be a crying shame! . Any help please? I know quite
> a bit about Linux but I don't programme. Thanks a lot. John Brennan-Sardou
>
> jbrennansardou@aol.com.
Well two things. I don't believe yourinternet connection can tell the difference
between a linux and windows connection if we are talking about ppp.

Is it possible you formatted the disks your want to put linuc on in ntfs formay
previoussly. You may have to reformat them as fat32 or something less proprietary.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.