Re: RealPlugin

--- Jay Turner <jkt@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 08:37:43AM +0000, Neil Loffhagen wrote:
> > A small thing, but it had me stumped for a while - need to make
> sure
> > they are copied into the /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1/plugins/
> >
> > not the /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/  folder
> >
> > Neil
>
> That will work as well . . . until you upgrade mozilla.  That's the
> reason
> that I said the first directory.  Mozilla will search for plugins in
> it's
> release specific directory (i.e. /usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.1/plugins/)
> then in
> the general directory (/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins)  Since the
> realplayer
> plugin isn't specific to the version of mozilla, you can drop it in
> the
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory.
>
> - jkt

I copied the following two files is there anything else I have to do to
get RealPlayer working with Mozilla? Do you know of a site I can try
the  Realplayer on? I was late in following the threads.

su -c "cp /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/rpnp.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/"
su -c "cp /usr/lib/RealPlayer8/raclass.zip /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/"

=====
Don't be discouraged by a failure. It can be a positive experience. Failure is, in a sense, the highway to success, inasmuch as every discovery of what is false leads us to seek earnestly after what is true, and every fresh experience points out some form of error which we shall afterwards carefully avoid.
John Keats