Re: Newbie needs help with drivers and Windows resources

Viestissä Tiistai 26. Marraskuuta 2002 13:54, Robert Pratt kirjoitti:
> Hello.
>
> I just installed Redhat 8.0. Th eonly thing it couldn't install
> automaticaly was my  Lin-Modem, and Intel HAM 536ep. I have the .tar file
> from Intel's website, but I don't know if it's the only file I need, and/or
> how to apply it... I'm too used to Windows .exe files.

It's an archive file that contains all files you need (that aren't part of the
Red Hat Linux distribution), including the "readme.txt" file that contains
the instructions. Double-click the file to show the contents.

Install the "Kernel Development" packages with the Package Management tool,
they are needed to compile and install the modem drivers.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka@koti.soon.fi