Is my linux disk dead????

Well, hello everybody,

(pardons please, this is the second post on the same subject,  I forgot to put the suject)

sorry to disturb you but I have got a problem which is causing me a great deal of concern. I had Redhat 8 on my second disk and it worked fine with the boot in the MBR of the first vat disk (sorry about that but my stupid internet connection does not allow linux connections : this is the only reason for the moment for keeping windus) Anyway my computer crashed and I decided to re-install RH8 on the second disk but the RH8 installation refuses to format the partitions it has made. It stops dead. Unfortunately Mandrake 9 does the same thing. However windus formats it and it seems to be working correctly. I really don't understand and I am afraid that my disk might just be Linux dead which would be a crying shame! . Any help please? I know quite a bit about Linux but I don't programme. Thanks a lot. John Brennan-Sardou

jbrennansardou@aol.com.