Re: Red Hat 8.0 connecting to the internet through Road Runner (cable)

Be sure to select the approptiate option in neat (network configuration tool
-- is that what it's called now?) to obtain DHCP info automatically at boot
time.

I use Time-Waner Cable RR through Earthlink without problems.

-Jake

On 25 Nov 2002 23:09:17 -0500 Joshua Melbourne White <jmwhite3@ncsu.edu>
wrote:

> I am sending this for my little brother who
> just installed RH 8.0 and I
> couldn't help him:
>
> The problem is that the hostname is the server
> it looks to for DHCP. RR
> has many servers it uses, so if I by chance
> reach the server I've named
> it to under he hosts file on a boot, it will
> work. However, the next day
> it might be get different server, so it screws
> everything back up. How
> do I make it not care which server it uses?
>

> --

Your mouse has moved.
Windows(R) must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?  [OK]