Red Hat 8.0 Screensaver bug

Does anyone have any further information on the bug (acknowledged by Red Hat Tech support, which I'm no longer eligible for free with (bummer)) and in Bugzilla) that causes the random screensaver selection to lock the system (presumably because of a memory leak - but which screensaver(s)?). Other than Red Hat posting a fix I guess I may have to wait for Ximian to release their Xscreensaver which never gave me this problem under RH 7.3.

Thanks,

Marty Felker
Floyd, VA