Noise and flames...

I have a simple request:

If you feel the need to have flame-wars going on about distros, modules,
et. al., please take these conversations off-line. I like the idea of
being able to get to support from and contribute to a community based
list, but some of these threads are getting way out of hand. It's making
it hard to find good information about problems some of us are trying to
fix.

In particular, if you are a Red Hat employee, keep in mind that when you
are posting to this Red Hat operated list, you are representing your
company and anything you post can be construed as a Red Hat position. If
you are being rude or are participating in these flame wars here, that's
just as if Red Hat were endorsing and participating in them. I know that
it can sometimes be hard to resist, but as a manager in another company,
I understand the need to remain professional at all times. If any of my
employees repeatedly acted out on-line using company systems, they would
be in my office trying to explain to me why I shouldn't fire them (and
having a hard time doing it).

Now, I also believe that what you do on your own time and with your own
resources is your business. That said, non Red Hat employees should also
remember some basic rules of respect. If you're posting from another
company e-mail address, you're also representing that company when
posting here. It's not just a Red Hat employee thing. Name calling
doesn't get anyone anywhere.

OK?

Cheers,

Chris Williams

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,
try orderin' someone else's dog around."
--Cowboy Wisdom