RH8 driver nv and new monitor

Hi,

I just buy a new 17 '' monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 753dfx) and video
card (geforce2MX400).

As I am using the nv opensource driver, I am wondering if this could be
linked to my problem.

My screen has like a white shadow behing every letter, character or
element (wiindow/mouse...), just one or two pixels on the right
side.This is visible and annoying for black element on white background
(mouse, editor,..).
As I change my resolution from 1024*768 to 800*600, this is still
visible, but less.
When I put this screen on another computer running W98, it is almost
perfect.(old S3 savage card)

My question is : Do you think that installing the new nvidia river could
fix this problem, or has somebody had this problem before ?

Just before running to the shop and bringing back my monitor ... working
maybe perfectly there...

Thanks for your help and ideas.

PS : by the way, if this is a refresh rate problem, how do I know my
actual refresh rate. Any command ?
--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand