Re: Dist. Suggestions From: Joe Klemmer

>Message: 12 Subject: Re: Dist. Suggestions From: Joe Klemmer ><klemmerj@webtrek.com> To: psyche-list@redhat.com Date: 23 Nov 2002 >19:06:46 -0500 Reply-To: psyche-list@redhat.com >--=-OiA++G+MeSH5HnVzvPZ4 Content-Type: text/plain >Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable On Sat, 2002-11-23 at >18:40, David Durst wrote:
> You remind me of every other SIMPSONS COMIC BOOK STORE LOOKING GUY
> that holds linux back.

> It seems to me that you are not satisfied with RH the
>distro and RH the company. If this is true then I don't understand
>your continuation of this pointless and counterproductive discussion.

Amen Joe! David: If you do not like the philosophy and goals the Red Hat employees explain, on this mailing list and in interviews published and linked to from the Red Hat web site, you should look for another distro. Obviously, a x.0 release is almost guaranteed to be very different and problematic. Maybe you should try Mandrake or Slackware or some other distro. All of them have their problems. No OS is perfect and no major packages are perfect. I started out intending to use Mandrake 7.2 (I bought a boxed set) and I also installed 2 or 3 later versions of Mandrake, but I did *NOT* like their installation routine, which skipped past the step of making a boot disk and explained that I could set up an account for "root" without needing a password. Things like that seem very unprofessional to me. The people at Red Hat know Psyche isn't perfect (what is ?) and the next versions will be better. I'm a Newbie, and Joe is a Guru, but we both believe Red Hat is the best way for us to go. Maybe another distro would be the best way for you to enjoy Linux.
GL, Lanny