am i doomed to fail testing encarta 2000 on Psyche using wine?

I have nothing to do so i decided to try use my old Encarta 2000 on
psyche using wine.
I have no access to my XP drive since it uses NTFS so i tried to install
Encarta 2000 directly from the CD in Linux using wine.
The message i get from wine tells me that i need to configure my
settings for wine, but i do not know what to do.
Is this a stupid thing to try with wine?
I dont know how to set the Windows version to nt40 or win31, i can
change wine to look like win98, win95 and 3.1 but thats not the thing is
it?
This is the message i get: