whine about wine

Okay,
I guess I will whine a little bit...even after whining about the whining.
Of course, I am just looking for assistance, not complaining, really.
I have never once gotten wine to work on a RH box.  In fact, of all the distros I have used, the only on e on which I have had any success using wine was on
Matt Jezoreks Blue Linx (a caldera/redmond hybrid).  On his OS, I could surf into my
doze partition in the file manager and simply click on a windows .exe and run things.
Somehow Matt had configured wine to sipmly pick these things up and run with them, or something.  In fact, .exe files would show with a wine icon in the file manager, as if indicating that wine could run them.  Needless to say, that doesn't work on my RH box.  I have tried over and over to run wine from the command line, but also, with no success (likely a UTS bug).  I enter the path and command just as I perceive the man page is directing me to do, but it never works.
Sometimes, I know I have path issues, because the doze partition has paths with spaces (ie: /mnt/doze/Program Files/stupidwindowsprogram.exe never works because of the space in Program Files)
But even .exes outside of Program Files, in folders without spaces, don't work.
Is there a way to configure wine to work as it did in Blue Linux that a clueless newbie can configure without reading 10 volumes of technical writing and sacrificing a goat to the full moon?
I hear of people running all kinds of things with wine, and I can;t even run a little wordsearch maker program.  It's frustrating.

Tony

http://www.School-Library.net
Read, Connect, Learn!