Re: Mounting other drives on system

sön 2002-11-24 klockan 17.09 skrev David Mascot:
> I have three drives on my system.
>
> Some are partitioned with Fat32 and some with NTFS.
>
> I placed RH 8 onto HDC4, and that is also where I set the root.
>
> Is there any way I can mount the other drives on the system to view and
> edit files?
>
> Thanks for helping the newbie.

If you cant find information in the menu (program -> help) then find
more help with the man command. Use "man mount" to find information.

If your fat32 drive is at /dev/hda1 then mount it with "mount /dev/hda1
/mnt/anywhere".
I dont think i use the argument "mount -t vfat" but you may need it, i
do not realy know.

To use ntfs i think you have to recompile your kernel.
I did not do this since i dont want to mess with kernels. Its boring and
i dont want to access my ntfs system anyway.

To make it mount every time you reboot then edit the /etc/fstab file.

--
Kent Nyberg <blurk@telia.com>