Re: Sayonara (Was - Re: Dist. Suggestions)

Mike A. Harris wrote:

You remind me of that one random annoying person on our mailing
lists each release, that makes me sick enough to not want to help
people on our lists any more, as I'm not paid to do so, and I no longer enjoy the experience.

So on that note, I bid the mailing list goodbye. I don't need to
waste my time reading and responding to this mindless drivel.

Feel free to fight amongst yourselves.

Ok, I pretty much ignored this thread about 30 emails ago. After reading the first couple of replies from the OP, I filtered him to the Trash folder.
There are users on this list that are, and have been a great help to me and many others. Whenever I see a post from any of these people, I make it a point to read what they have to say. Mike Harris is one of those people. I completely respect his tips and expert advice. I also understand that he responds to questions and problems on this list out of his desire to help people, and out of his love and passion for linux. He has made it clear that monitoring the lists is not part of his job; he does this on his own time. Why someone would want to incessantly bash such a valuable resource is beyond me.

I have tried three other linux distros, and two of them had horrible to non-existent support. I am very happy with RedHat. I think back to when I loaded 5.2, and see how far the RedHat distro has come since them. So, if you don't like what you see now, be patient, file bugs or RFE's, or switch to something else. I think most of the people on this list are here because they are happy with RedHat. No, it's not perfect, but it keeps getting better and better. Remember the security bugs that affected other distros (eg. sendmail and openssh)? RedHat had already found and corrected those problems.

I hope Mike will get a good night's sleep, (if he ever sleeps), and laugh about this after a while. After what was said, and the way it was said, I would not blame him for leaving the list. But, I sure hope he stays.