Re: Distros are all good (was: Re: A few things who still suck inRedHat 8 aka constructive criticism)

On Sat, 2002-11-23 at 14:23, Anthony Abby wrote:

> That's why I chose to migrate to Mandrake.  Mandrake can do everything
> Red Hat can do, obviously, but I like how they paid very close attention
> to their all inclusive control center.  You can do everything on the
> system from a single application.. which is really nice.  Not to mention
> they support KDE and haven't mucked with it.  Just a very nice
> experience all around.

	I have found that KDE is better than GNOME still, though the gap is
closing.  However, they are both nearly unusable compared to XFce.
Still, they make Linux easier to use for people with little or no tech
knowledge/skills.  And RH 8 has just moved the bar higher for this.
GNOME and KDE will need to try and reach the level of the Bluecurve
theme should they ever wish to make it into the corporate world.

	Mandrake is a good distro.  The only problem I have encountered is
their messing up the configuration aspects of apps.  They often put
config files in places you'd never imagine and cause the need for Mdk
specific rpms to be made.

	With the advent of UnitedLinux I think that SuSE is going to take a
place in the corporate world, too.

--
"Khaaaaamaaayyyy, Haaaaamaaaayyyy, HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
                -- Goku, 'Dragon Ball'