Re: Help with PostgreSQL startup

Alright, the problem was still there when I set the following (before I changed the .../init.d/postgresql file):

PORT = 5432 ( this is the default, but I un-commented the line anyway)
TCPIP_SOCKET = true (this is what is supposed to determine if it will accept TCP/IP connections, unless I am reading the manual wrong)

VIRTUAL_HOST I left commented out so that it would use the default of listening on all configured addresses including localhost.    What am I missing?

Daniel Wells AIA
Director of Information Systems
MHTN Architects, Inc.
801-595-6700
DanW@mhtn.com

>>> fredbriand@blueboxstudio.net 11/22/02 11:35AM >>>

As Gordon say, you should edit the postgresql.conf file and modify the
part called "Connection parameters". Best is to read the manual (Admin,
chap. 3, pages 28-29) to get the full explanations.

CUL8R
fred