Re: Help with PostgreSQL startup

I tried setting my postgresql.conf file as yours (below).  No luck.  I've read through the manual that is how I knew about the "TCP/IP_SOCKET" setting.  I then went through the "postgresql.conf" file adding comments describing what each of the settings were for.  I did change the maximum connections from 32 to 8.  On restart it seems to work (yeah!!!).  So with your help, maybe we got it whipped.  Thanks!

>>> fredbriand@blueboxstudio.net 11/22/02 01:40PM >>>
Ok.

This is the section concerning connection parameters of the
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf file. It works fine on my server.
There are many other options in this conf file. The best thing to do is
to read the Admin manual, if you want to understand the meaning of these
parameters.

fred

#
#	Connection Parameters