RE: jpilot works, gnome-pilot (hence evolution) doesn't

Hi.

When I hit the sync button while in evolution, nothing happens for about
5 seconds, and then I get a message on the screen of my handspring that
says that the connection between my handheld and the desktop cannot be
established.

Running the command you supplied (thanks) resulted in gnome-pilot
running the 'you're running this for the first time' wizard, which also
fails with the same errors as above every time, so I never get passed
the 'About to grab id info from the handheld' screen.

BTW - this all still remains true even though I have upgraded to the
rawhide packages as you mentioned as well.  I also tried configuring
things in gnome-pilot manually (device, conduits, etc), still to no
avail.

Baffled.