From: Brian K. Jones [mailto:jonesy@CS.Princeton.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 9:21 AM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: jpilot works, gnome-pilot (hence evolution) doesn't

I have a Handspring Pro that I would LOVE to get working with Evolution
1.2 on my Redhat 8 machine.  So far, I've been unable to get a link
going between Evolution (or gnome-pilot), and my pda.

'pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -l' works fine.
I created the 'sync' group and altered permissions and added myself to
it and all that stuff, and jpilot has been working like a charm both at
home and on the machine in question for a couple of days.

Is there a bugzilla posting that I missed or something?

Also, I tried setting up the device manually in gnome-pilot, also to no
avail, so I'm thinking this is really probably a gnome pilot issue?  Let
me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here. It kinda baffles me that
'tool A' works, but the front end to that tool doesn't.

Thanks.

--
Brian K. Jones <jonesy@cs.princeton.edu>
Princeton University, Dept. of Computer Science