Re: "Modem display" for my internet connection

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 13:35, Charlie Hall wrote:
> I've installed 8.0 and am using Network Device Control for starting and
> shutting down my internet connection.  What I'd like is one of those
> little displays (that could fit on my panel) that winks and blinks as
> data are being transferred.  Also, it would show me at a glance whether
> I'm on-line or not.

> I'd appreciate someone instructing me as to how to add such a gadget --
> I'm not that experienced in Linux yet, so please be verbose.

I'm using Gnome.  Right click on an area in the "panel" (taskbar)
somewhere near the blue checkmark/pager/clock.  Choose "Add to Panel"
and choose from the menu Internet --> Modem Lights

I am assuming you already have this applet installed on your system.
Originally I was going to provide a link to it, but then found that I
already have it installed, yet i have no modem.  Chances are good you've
got it too.

-Ryan