DHCPD &SMTP

Two configuration questions. I have a network with an internal ip scheme
and an dedicated outside ip address to the Internet.

For example: 68.99.299.29 for the dedicated global IP address and
192.168.1.0 - 192.168.0.254 for an internal network.

I have one NIC on a server to which both 68.99.299.29 and 192.168.0.1 are
attached.The system has been working fine for 7 months until I recently
upgraded to RH 8.0.

Question 1: Sendmail is configured to send outgoing mail from workstations
using smtp on the above server.  Normally it works fine but ocassionally
an error comes like the following: relaying denied from 192.168.0.1  -- I
don't understand this given the setup.  I thought relaying was using
another, outside my network, smtp server and thus this error would occur
but not internally.

Question 2: I have dhcpd setup to dynamically assign the IP addresses on
the internal network and for that purpose it works fine (most of the
workstations are a mix of windows 2000, windows xp and windows millenium).
 But I can't seem to get DNS and the gateway passed to the workstations.
For example, in the beginning of this email where the configuration is
described, the gateway is 192.168.0.1 -- how do I pass this and the dns
information to the workstations so that the ip and dns can automatically
be set rather than setting each machine manually.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul