internet connection

Hello all,

This should be a simple problem.

I use a Linksys Router to connect to the internet. The router is the DHCP
for it's little network. The DHCP works because I see the Linux box eth0
card's MAC address in the router DHCP table. And the Linux box has the ip
assigned to it. All seems good there.

Using the terminal window I can ping the router and the other Windows box on
the network. I am unable to ping addresses outside this network, can't ping
to the internet(either ip or www address)

When trying to connect using Mozilla I get the message "The connection was
refused when attempting to contact www.redhat.com."

What settings should I check to solve this problem??
When I was using 7.3, it connected easily, never had anything to do, does
8.0 do something different??

Thanks,

Eric