Re: Problem with kernel ugrade & nVidia drivers

On 19 Nov 2002 20:57:32 -0500
lovswr1 <lovswr1@earthlink.net> wrote:

# Yes I was.  As I stated.  When I try to boot into the new kernel, X
# does not start & I then went to the command line.  Two additional
# questions. I have seen some other people describing similar
# problems.  They all seem to mention booting to command line only
# (run level 3?) & not even attempting to start X.  Will that make a
# difference?  Also, do the nvidia drivers have to explicitly be for
# kernel ver.2.4-X.x.x?  or will the current ones work for just about
# all flavors of 2.4-X.x .x?

You need the latest Nvidia drivers.  Did you also update the
kernel-source rpm?  Make sure you do that.  I don't know if it's
necessary to be run level 3, but it couldn't hurt anything to try it.

--
Jesse Keating
j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: