RE: Newbie and Mozilla Mail

>Message: 11
>Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 08:45:42 -0500
>From: "G. Harman" <ghrmn@comcast.net>
>Subject: Newbie and Mozilla Mail
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com

<snip> I would like to import some of my Outlook Express mail into >Mozilla. Seems that I can import from Communicator 4x only. Kmail >allows importing Outlook .dbx but I like the way Mozilla renders. >Mozilla help does not seem to work
>with this version. Any ideas ? Thanks.

My previous reply to you was wrong. The Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 "Help" lied to me, about the ability to Import MS Outlook Express files. I tried to do this, for my main e-mail account, a few days ago, and I ran into the same problem you did. I did it, successfully, by Importing my Outlook Express 6 Address Book and Messages into Mozilla Mail 1.1 on Windows, and then I was able to Import the Address Book into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 on Psyche. Then, I ran into the same roadblock you did. My solution was to copy files from 3 Mozilla Mail 1.1 directories, into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 directories on Psyche. However, I believe the way Warren suggested a couple of days ago on this Mailing List, to set up an IMPAP server, is a more elegant way to go, although I haven't tried that yet. Soon, I'll try it on my wife's box.

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America