Warren Togami (was Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages intoMozilla Mail 1.0.1)

>Message: 8
>Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:55:24 -1000
>From: Warren Togami <warren@togami.com>
>To: psyche-list@redhat.com
>Subject: Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla Mail >1.0.1

>The only perfect way of moving your Outlook Express 6 mailboxes to
>anything else is with an IMAP server. Fortunately this is a fairly
>simple process because you can run a personal IMAP server on Red Hat
>fairly easily.

>Procedure:
>1) Install the "imap" package which contains POP and IMAP servers.
>2) Make sure xinetd is running.
>3) chkconfig imap on
> This will activate the IMAP server locally.
>4) Create another local account, perhaps "tempuser".
>5) Set Outlook Express 6 to connect to this IMAP server. After you are
>connected create a few IMAP folders matching your Outlook Express >folder names and copy all your mail to these folders.
>6) Connect to this IMAP server from Mozilla and copy everything to >local folders.

Warren: The method you described sounds much more elegant, than the method I used to move my main e-mail account.

I moved my wife's e-mail account, on her box, from MS Outlook Express to Mozilla Mail 1.1 on Windows, a month or so ago. I am going to try moving her e-mail to Mozilla Mail 1.0.1 on Psyche, via your method. If I can get it to work, I will learn something about Linux in the process.

Thanks!

Lanny in Cali, Colombia, South America