Re: How To Extract A Pentium 4 CPU

--- Rick Forrister <rickf@ktb.net> wrote:
> Hopefully after releasing the locking lever? 8^)
>
> More seriously, do make sure you disconnect the
> powercord, not just turn off the power (I know, but
> I've seen some incredibly silly things done)

I thought the pulling the plug, waiting 8 seconds and
releasing the lock lever were all common sense.... so
I left those out.

> and do
> ground yourself to the case by either touching it
> while extracting the CPU or by using a grounding
> strap.

I usually just hold onto the chassis of the case to
make sure I'm grounded.

> Have something clean, acid free, and
> non-conductive to set it onto if there is an
> intermediate stop betweein motherboards.

I didn't even think to mention this, because I collect
static bags, and I have about 150 of them right now
(along with some old p-200 static cases). Good call...

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>