re: Tony Baldwin database server problems

I believe the understanding problem lies in the fact that with MS Access,
you get the database server and a very nice client in one package.  With
MySQL or Postgres, you have to run the database server program before you
can build a create your database with a client program.  I'm currently using
mysqlcc as the client for MySQL.  In my opinion, it doesn't come close to
Access's ease of use (no flames please).  On the other hand, I don't have
have to worry about the database format changing with every new release of
MySQL the way it does with Access.

--

Steven I. Usdansky, PhD
Traveling Geologist