Re: Updating to Evo 1.2

I went to Ximnian.com about a month ago and downloaded red carpet. When
I tried to run it, I got an error message saying something to the effect
of "Red Hat 8.0 doesn't support this version of red carpet."

I went again and downloaded the new version that says it's meant for
8.0. When I follow the instructions to try to install it, it tells me
that it is already installed. When I run "red-carpet" I get prompted for
my root password and nothing happens.

Please help me with this. Should I continue to try to use Red Carpet or
should I seek another way to keep my machine updated?

Thanks in Advance,

TG