Re: Evo 1.2 RPMs available

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 01:30, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> 	Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if these or the gnomehide rpms
> can be built for 7.3?  I still need to have 7.3 for most of my work
> (till some of the tools I use are upgraded).

Yes they can, but it's not pretty. I needed to update other rpms than
the ones provided (I grabbed the 8.0 src rpms). For gdk-pixbuf I had to
rebuild the rpm from the tarball, and modify the spec file to get it to
produce a .la file. The redhat rpm has this, but rebuilding the srpm
doesn't generate it.

I've managed to get the resulting evolution to crash horribly (requiring
a reboot to free zombie processes) when accessing imap folders. I don't
know if that's a bug, or indicates a problem with the way I built it.

Regards,

Chris