Re: Sony Vaio, ACPI, suspend and me...

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 20:22, Bernd Kunze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just purchased a Sony Vaio GRX 416 here and it does support ACPI,
> however I have failed to suspend it to ram so far. Anyone out there who
> can add some advise here please? Using apm -s does not allow it to
> return back to life (have to unplug power plus remove battery). Kernel
Instead of unplugging and removing the battery, try holding down the
power button for >4 or 5 seconds, or until something happens.  This
seems to be a universal laptop 'hard off'.  (some pc's do it too, mine
is configurable in the bios)  I know this doesn't answer your question,
but it may make your reboots quicker :)

--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
QOTD: