Re: Importing Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1

Adam wrote:

>I've just looked on a Windows machines running Mozilla 1.1, and it has
>the option for Outlook Express as an import. My guess is that it may be
>dependent upon some Windows DLL's to actually do the import.

Mozilla 1.01 in Linux does not have that feature (although the Help says that it does). I do have Mozilla 1.1 on that box on MS Windows, so I am going to try to Import first into Mozilla 1.1 as Martin suggested (below). Thanks!

> once you get data across from Windows.

I can access the VFAT data without any problem from Linux, the problem is importing the Outlook Express 6 messages into Mozilla Mail 1.0.1

>I don't understand you not been able to copy from a message to a new
>compose window. That certainly works for me, highlight the text w/mouse
>to copy, then middle (or both) mouse button(s) to paste. Maybe I've
>misunderstood what you mean.

I haven't tried that method, but I will try it. The method that does *NOT* work for me in Evolution Mail is the drop down menu, "Edit, Copy" and then "Edit, Paste", which works for me in Kmail and Mozilla Mail 1.0.1, without any problem.