Re: How to Play These Streaming Online Radio Feeds?

mplayer, there are a bunch of rpms over at freshrpms.net
The following lists were the ones I needed, simply download them all to
a single directory, then "rpm -ivh *.rpm"
aalib-1.4rc4-fr3.i386.rpm
divx4linux-4.0-fr2.20011025.i386.rpm
lame-3.92-fr5.i386.rpm
libdv-0.98-fr2.i386.rpm
libdvdcss-1.2.2-fr2.i386.rpm
libdvdread-0.9.3-fr2cvs.i386.rpm
lirc-0.6.5-fr3.i386.rpm
mplayer-0.90pre8-fr2.i386.rpm
mplayer-skins-1.1-fr1.noarch.rpm

You will need the codec package from- I'm can't convinced by google that
they need to go into /usr/lib/win32 put am not 100% sure.
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/dload.html

bunzip2 w32codec.tar.bz2	(assuming from your home-dir ~/)
tar xvf w32codec.tar
mkdir /usr/lib/win32 	(super-user)
cd /usr/lib/win32
mv ~/w32codec-0.90/* /usr/lib/win32/

Then
gmplayer someurl-pointing-to-windows-media.asx
- this needs to be the actual url pointing to the asx file; I tend to
view-source on the pages to read between the html embed tags to find the
media source. It might be as simple as when mozilla asks what to do with
video/ms-asx to just enter "gmplayer" as the command. Personally I don't
mind fiddling around.

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk