Re: How to Play These Streaming Online Radio Feeds?

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 15:54, Dr. David M. Colburn wrote:
> I just went to this site and clicked on WABC (the lightning bolt icon to
> play the Internet feed) and a window popped up asking if I wanted to
> save or use an application but there wasn't an application option given.
>
> How does one play streaming audio in RH 8, please? (Don't have a manual
> set yet.)
> http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?prev=20&sr=1&format=nst&count=20&scope=bc&is_lic=Y&is_ful=Y&is_lp=Y

> Thanks!  doc

If you haven't installed realplayer, then download it from:
http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html

Install it - and it should integrate nicely into Gnome/KDE.
(at the worst it will ask you which application you wish to open it
with, to which you should answer "realplay").

The station you chose is RealAudio format, which has a community support
player. For Windows Media format- you can either use Crossover Plugin to
install Windows Media Player 6.4, or mplayer manages some windows media
(rpms available at http://psyche.freshrpms.net/). Not sure that it would
be integrated into the browser..

--
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=adam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk