Re: How to Play These Streaming Online Radio Feeds?

Real.com also has lists of stations at http://radio.real.com/. Find a
station you like, click on it and let the realplayer application
(realplay) run it instead of saving the stream to a file.

Then grep through the output of lsof looking for a file in /tmp that has
been opened by realplay. If you save this file elsewhere, you can use
the Open File menu of Real Player to play that station again instead of
having to visit the second most obnoxious site on the Internet (I
believe that X10 is worse) each time you want to listen to that station.

For examle, I only listen to music that has aged for at least a hundred
years, so I choose the Classical listings and picked at random
Deutschlandfunk in Cologne, Germany. The file in /tmp that Real Player
opens is dlf.ram which contains just one line:

rtsp://live-ra.dradio.de/live/deutschlandfunk/dlf_64k.rm

This a Real Time Streaming Protocol URL (http://www.rtsp.org).

Enjoy.

--- Vladimir