Re: Gigabyte Motherboards

i just got a ga-vaxp (athlon xp) from monarch computer for $108.  the
reviews i found on the net (tom's hardware for one
http://www6.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q4/021007/kt400-07.html) were all
good.

put redhat 8 on it last night.  only problem i had was sound (like the
other guy).  found some good links to a freshrpms page that told how to
setup ALSA, which i did.  had a little wrangling with it, but eventually
got it to work.  my own theory is that since the sound chipset is newer, it
may be a version or two before i won't have to do this with a fresh redhat
install...

PU (psyche user :p )