Re: Gigabyte Motherboards

On 14 Nov 2002 20:06:16 -0500
"Robert L. Cochran" <cochranb@speakeasy.net> wrote:

> Is there anyone out there using the Gigabyte GA-8IHXP2 motherboard? If
> so, what is your experience...what do you think of this motherboard?
> Does anyone have opinions to offer about Gigabyte boards in general?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Cochran
> Greenbelt, Maryland, USA

I don't have that model. I use a GA-7ZXE and it works flawlessly in 8.0.
I wasn't able to get sound to work in 7.3 or any of the 3 betas for 8.0,
but now it works like a champ. And sound was the only problem I ever had
with it.

Since I don't know that model, I can't comment. I'd check the specs on
the board itself and see if everything is supported. One issue I had
when sound didn't work on mine is that the same sound chipset worked on
some other mobos, just not on mine (and was even specified as such in a
couple of places). You may find something similar, so do your homework.

--
Earth first!  We'll strip-mine the other planets later.