Re: Lowering CPU Speed To Avoid Memory Errors

Robert L. Cochran wrote:

> I'm not sure what other components to replace. Right now I'm in favor of
> ordering a new P4T533 motherboard and tossing the old one.

> Asus has announced a new BIOS update, the 1005, for this board, but they
> haven't made it available for download quite yet. (It's like someone
> forgot to put it on the server.) I'm wondering if the update will fix
> the problem.

I agree.  I think your motherboard is the problem, but I'd wait until
you try the latest BIOS before I'd plunk down anymore cash.  If you do
have to buy a new board, you may consider getting a different brand this
time or at least a different revision of the board you now have.

> Well I've spent this much money so far, what's another $195?

That's about a month's worth of lunches!  ;)

Tom