Re: evolution 1.2 rpm for 8.0???

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 09:24, Brian K. Jones wrote:
> I don't get it.  What's so hard about installing red-carpet and getting
> it from there, like the ximian site says to do if you're running RH8?
> It's really not that hard, and it works well.  I'm writing this in 1.2
> now, which I've had since almost immediately after the release (oh yeah,
> I'm running RH8)
>
> Did I miss something?  Is there something wrong with the ximian rpmz?
> /brian
>
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 09:08, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> > If you're looking for RPMs from the Red Hat maintainer, keep you eyes on
> > this directory:
> >
> > http://people.redhat.com/~katzj/evolution/
> >
> > or, of course, Rawhide.
> >
> > Jeremy had some 1.2 beta release RPMS up for a while.
> >
> > Tom
> --
> Brian K. Jones <jonesy@cs.princeton.edu>
> Princeton University, Dept. of Computer Science

I don't have specific information for you on this topic, but if you read
the RELEASE-NOTES on the Red Hat Linux 8.0 CD, you can get an idea about
what hoops you need to go through to upgrade a system with ximian rpms
on it.

Chris Kloiber, RHCE                                  Red Hat,Inc.
Hardware Certification            aka                1801 Varsity Dr.
Enterprise Support             "WireHead"            Raleigh, NC 27606