Re: Newbie - 2 Gnome and 1 general question(s)

Howdy.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post... I appreciate all the help
and everything worked great.

Except for one thing.  I am still having trouble getting the
rhn-applet-gui to work.  If I am logged in as user, open a terminal and
run that command, everything appears to just stall.  The rhn applet
never actually 'starts' that I can tell.

I tried simply logging out and saving state after letting the terminal
hang for a couple seconds.  However, nothing has changed when I log back
in.  I tried su-ing and still have the same problem.

My root still has the applet on the toolbar and it works fine when you
click the icon.  However, invoking the command from terminal seems to
hand there as well.

Any further thoughts?

If I am missing something obvious, feel free to email me
(mysticaldluxeATsofthomeDOTnet)and take the discussion of the list.

Thanks as always,
BRian